We are part of a larger denomination, called the Free Presbyterian Church of North America (FPCNA). The FPCNA is a group of Bible-believing Protestants whose Presbyterian roots go back to the great Reformation of the 16th century.
As such, the FPCNA wholeheartedly endorses the five great solas of the Reformation:
- Sola Scriptura—The Scriptures alone for matters of faith and practice
- Sola Fide—justification by faith alone
- Sola Gratia—by grace alone
- Solo Christo—in Christ alone
- Soli Deo Gloria—all to the glory of God alone
The FPCNA is the fruit of the vision and ministry of the Free Presbyterian Church of Northern Ireland. That church was formed in 1951 as a testimony to the historic faith of Presbyterians, a faith that emphasized the inspiration and authority of Scripture against the liberal, rationalist infidelity that had made serious inroads into Presbyterianism in Ireland and most other places.